THERAPEUTIC APPROACH & PROGRAMS
Abilities Discovered offers many different art classes for Children (and young adults) with Autism & other diagnoses that present challenging behaviors. After-School programs use art to build confidence, modify negative behaviors & teach social skills- all while learning & making friends. Art Therapy can help where other therapies have failed to bring out your child's social skills, by bringing out spontaneous interactions, increasing self-confidence, and exposing hidden abilities and talents. Choose from these SATURDAY and after-school classes.
• "RYUU" SOCIAL SKILLS CLASS
Watch this video for a description of the social skills class here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2YMa3aYxuA
• PHOTOGRAPHY (digital cameras available on loan)
• STORYTELLING/ PAINTING (materials provided)
• COMIC BOOK MAKING
• YOGA & HULA HOOPING (mat and hoops provided)
* Individual Art Therapy is available upon request.
Ask about special rates for monthly enrollments!